Coos Bay, Oregon
Position Opening: Operations Manager/Chief Operator
Position Opening: Operations Manager/Chief Operator
A successful candidate will oversee current multiple primary and translator broadcast and stream signals, in addition to all internal broadcast and stream related operations. You must be creative, a great teacher with above average patience and willing to work abnormal hours when necessary. This candidate should possess heavy technical skills in both legacy broadcast operations along with computer networking and mid-level IT troubleshooting skills. Working knowledge of Digital Universe and Simian automation systems. Cool Edit along with the Microsoft office suite. Strong audio production skills necessary with graphics skills and an understanding of general web site maintenance. Working knowledge of Word Press a plus. A successful candidate will perform some on air and remote broadcasts when necessary. This position includes oversight/maintenance of social media management. You must be deadline conscious, revenue oriented, systems driven, FCC knowledgeable. Play by Play a plus.
Send resume to:
Bicoastal Media is an equal opportunity employer
Primary Job Description
Duties will include, but not limited to, assigning traffic copy instructions to ensure clients commercials air correctly; keeping accurate records on all copy for a simple audit trail; provide such assistance needed to ensure logs are completed; ability to reconcile logs; be able to work with other department issues, (accounting, master control, sales, production, etc.); able to run reports for managers as requested. Provide order entry of commercial material in Radio Traffic, order changes, Paid Programs, local and national contract copy, maintaining of commercial cart database; missing copy reports; timely production of advertising material. Coordinate with account executives and production on acquisition of copy materials. Will Cross train for backup of other areas of traffic and continuity. Performs other functions, as assigned by management.
A successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills. Must be self-motivated and with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive. In addition, the right candidate must have:
• Television and radio traffic experience a plus
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic; can work independently.
• Strong, dependable and responsible with a professional demeanor and who is detail-oriented and well-organized.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook and other standard office programs); and the ability to multi-task. Excellent organizational are essential.
• Knowledge of Radio Traffic systems, experience with Radio Traffic a plus
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply now through September 15th
To apply please send a resume to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Or stop by and drop a resume off at 320 Central Ave. Coos Bay, Oregon 97420
Bicoastal Media is soliciting applications for an Assistant Chief Engineer in our Albany – Coos Bay – Eugene, Oregon markets.
Qualifications / Experience Desired:
- 5+ years full time broadcast engineering desirable
- Time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Experience with digital automation systems and related logic interfacing, including but not limited to RCS/Prophet/NexGen/Simian desirable
- Knowledge of computer network installation and trouble shooting
- Ability to work with spreadsheets
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Skills needed for working in a fast-paced, challenging, loosely structured environment
- Must be a team player but also be able to work independently
- Must have a strong work ethic and a “can do”, positive attitude
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as necessary. We operate 24/7/365
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- FCC compliance
- Diagnose and repair all broadcast related equipment
- Repair and maintenance of high power AM and FM broadcast transmitters and directional AM arrays
- IT Systems installation, maintenance and support
- Component level repair
- Be available for emergency response
- Valid driver’s license required. Company vehicle provided
- Some regional travel required. Multi-market operation
- Associates degree in Electronics or other related technical degree or equivalent experience desirable
- SBE Certification desirable
Contact e-mail is: email@example.com
Rare Sales Opening!
Bicoastal Media Coos Bay, LLC is seeking an outside marketing person to join an already stellar sales staff. A successful candidate will have eight properties to sell, including sports, news talk and music formats. Grass roots to national programming serving Coos, Curry and Western Lane Counties on Oregon’s Beautiful south coast. Our focus is client relations and creative thinking. This is a rare opportunity to join the best sales team on the Oregon Coast! Serious inquires only. No calls please.
Please mail your resume and sales successes to:
Bicoastal Media, Coos Bay LLC
PO Box 180
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420
Bicoastal Media Coos Bay – LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.