General Sales Manager needed for Eureka, CA Market
Development of all sales as determined by the GM. Specifically responsible for new and existing business development. The implementation of radio and/or non-broadcast sales programs designed to maximize sales revenues and achieve revenue goals set forth by the company. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or as consistent with the essence of the job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Grow all categories of revenue, as deemed necessary by the GM.
- Meets regularly with management and sales team.
- Recommend courses of actions (with GM approval) for new business development.
- Identify market potential by qualifying accounts.
- Initiate sales process by scheduling appointments, making initial presentation and understanding client requirements and needs. Regularly meets with prospective and current clients to create and maintain sales relationships.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential clients, explaining product and service capabilities overcoming objections preparing contracts.
- Expands sales of existing clients by introducing new products and services. Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results and identify needs to be filled.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reaction from clients.
- Sells advertising time/internet space (as applicable) and works with advertisers to help market themselves to the station’s listeners.
- Coordinates all aspects of client radio advertising campaign including copy, production, billing, collections, remote broadcasts and event marketing.
- Consistently develops new business.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in education opportunities.
- Assists with collections and accounts receivable functions as needed.
- Directs local sales department events and incentives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations. Knowledge of sales principles and practices. Knowledge of products, customer, needs, competition and market trends. Knowledge of applicable human resources laws as they pertain to employees and clients. Excellent negotiating, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision. Computer literacy in applicable programs. Problem solving ability and skill in prioritizing tasks. Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels. Ability to multitask and can handle pressures and deadlines.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
College degree or equivalent work experience. A valid driver’s license
May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs. Able to sit for extended periods of time. Able to drive all company vehicles.