Bicoastal Media Eureka is now accepting resume’s and air checks to fill our KFMI Power 96.3 FM morning show. KFMI is a Hot AC format with an active and diverse audience. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic on air personality that is able to keep up with the, ever changing, technologies of today’s digital components as well as adapt and shine in the studios and at local events. KFMI was the first FM station in Humboldt County, California market and has highly active generations of listeners from teens to grandparents.
Minimum of 3 Years on-air radio, production and programming experience
Dynamic on air personality
Have STRONG time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
Understand the basic use of all office equipment
Adept at Social Media, basic web content management, contesting, digital contesting, board operation, scheduling and affidavits.
Know FCC compliance regulations
Sales experience a plus
Create an engaging, relevant, content driven morning show every day (M-F)
Meet with staff, clients and the community both in studio and out
Be available to do off site events as needed
Maintain compliance with FCC regulations
Program and maintain freshness all promotions, liners, barter
Create and provide content for all social media and contesting platforms
Create engaging, quality production and promotions
All other duties deemed necessary by our corporate or local management
About Bicoastal Media:
Bicoastal Media operates radio stations in 12 distinct markets throughout Northern California, Oregon and Washington. Our overall radio footprint in the Northwestern part of the United States is not only massive from a geographical coverage standpoint, but our radio stations are the most listened to (and top billing radio stations) in all their respected markets with 5.6 million people within the range of our cumulative station signal coverage areas. At Bicoastal Media, we are committed to quality, relevant, local radio in Humboldt County and beyond. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
401 K Plan
Generous Vacation and Holiday Schedules
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Collaborative, creative and supportive work environment
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and air checks to Victoria@Bicoastal.Media
General Sales Manager needed for Eureka, CA Market
Development of all sales as determined by the GM. Specifically responsible for new and existing business development. The implementation of radio and/or non-broadcast sales programs designed to maximize sales revenues and achieve revenue goals set forth by the company. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or as consistent with the essence of the job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Grow all categories of revenue, as deemed necessary by the GM.
- Meets regularly with management and sales team.
- Recommend courses of actions (with GM approval) for new business development.
- Identify market potential by qualifying accounts.
- Initiate sales process by scheduling appointments, making initial presentation and understanding client requirements and needs. Regularly meets with prospective and current clients to create and maintain sales relationships.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential clients, explaining product and service capabilities overcoming objections preparing contracts.
- Expands sales of existing clients by introducing new products and services. Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results and identify needs to be filled.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reaction from clients.
- Sells advertising time/internet space (as applicable) and works with advertisers to help market themselves to the station’s listeners.
- Coordinates all aspects of client radio advertising campaign including copy, production, billing, collections, remote broadcasts and event marketing.
- Consistently develops new business.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in education opportunities.
- Assists with collections and accounts receivable functions as needed.
- Directs local sales department events and incentives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations. Knowledge of sales principles and practices. Knowledge of products, customer, needs, competition and market trends. Knowledge of applicable human resources laws as they pertain to employees and clients. Excellent negotiating, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision. Computer literacy in applicable programs. Problem solving ability and skill in prioritizing tasks. Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels. Ability to multitask and can handle pressures and deadlines.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
College degree or equivalent work experience. A valid driver’s license
May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs. Able to sit for extended periods of time. Able to drive all company vehicles.