JOB TITLE: Sales Assistant Market: Lakeport/Ukiah
DEPARTMENT: Sales REPORTS TO: Market GM & DOS
FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Full-time
Responsible for assisting with sales of radio/internet advertising. Learning and building a client account base, by making outgoing sales calls and cold calls. Building and maintaining a sales account reaching sales goals set forth by the company. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or as consistent with the essence of the job.
- Assisting sales team with day to day operational duties;
- Assisting sales manager/team in writing proposals and promotional campaigns;
- Calling and selling radio campaign over the phone and in person;
- Sell advertising time/internet space and work with advertisers to help market themselves to the station listeners;
- Coordinates all aspects of client radio advertising campaign including copy, production, billing, collections, remote broadcasting and event marketing;
- Regularly meets with prospective and current clients to create and maintain sales relationships;
- Attends weekly group sales meetings to review accounts and one-on-one meetings for more detailed review of accounts and goals
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly sales goals
- Maintain account lists while soliciting new business
- Communicate with other departments and employees to assure quality service in placing order,
- Develops new business in selected markets and/or geographic locations;
- Assists with collections and accounts receivable functions as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have reliable transportation;
Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations;
Knowledge of sales principles and practices;
Knowledge of products, customer, needs, competition and market trends;
Possess strong organizational skills;
Problem solving ability and skill in prioritizing tasks;
Excellent negotiating, verbal and written communication skills;
Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision;
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
Ability to prepare necessary documents including letters, orders, sales proposals, reports and forms following company policies and procedures with the established timelines;
Ability to collect and organize data and information;
Computer literacy in applicable programs i.e. Microsoft Office;
Knowledge of standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.;
Knowledge of Facebook, Web site, Twitter and various other multimedia operations
Knowledge of record-keeping techniques and filing systems;
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with business clients, the general public and other personnel;
Must be tactful, have good interpersonal skills, and sound judgement;
Due to the nature of this position being a sales position, the employee will encounter difficult/unpleasant clients, must be able to emotionally deal with the stress caused by confrontational situations.
Able to meet schedules and time-lines and to deal with stress caused by workload and deadlines;
EDUCATION AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma.
A valid driver’s license
Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs;
Ability to bend and stoop;
Ability to climb and descend stairs;
Ability to interact with many types of personalities. This factor may contribute to a stressful environment;
Ability to drive to client businesses (10-25 visits to clients per day);
Prolonged sitting in car or office;
Ability to stand up and sit down repeatedly (getting in and out of vehicles)
Ability to meet with and discuss advertising options with clients;
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus;
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates as an outside sales position, which includes working in a professional office environment and driving on daily basis to businesses. This position requires the employee to work in a typical office setting, using a copier/fax/scanner, computer, telephone, cell phone as well as driving to potential clients, current clients and assorted businesses throughout the day. On occasions, this position required participation in after-hours events. This job requires regular travel (driving between locations).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. This position requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, getting in and out of a car, entering and exiting a variety of business all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Job may require lifting or moving up to 20 lbs.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typically hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Schedules will vary based.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
HR Manager Date
Cc: Personnel File
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager MARKET: Lakeport
DEPARTMENT: Production & Programming REPORTS TO: Market/General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt HOURS: Full-time
Responsible for overall sound of every radio station, including and not limited to all music, imaging, programming and promotions for their station. Creatively and efficiently oversee all production of advertising commercials, stations promotions and public service commitments. Supervise air talent to ensure the development of a marketable product. Ensures proper transition between the traffic, sales and programming and production departments. Maintains public service in accordance with FCC rules and regulations. Makes sure all station equipment and vehicles are maintained and working properly. Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities are performed in a timely, professional, and accurate manner. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or consistent with the essence of the job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises, recruits, hires and trains support staff. Provides regular coaching and performance feedback to staff.
- Maintains up-to-date music and sound effects library. Ensures programming is consistent and appropriate for respective format. Follows trends in the industry to better program the station. Oversees music rotation, testing and play list development.
- Oversees imaging for station. Chooses voices to maintain consistency. Writes and produces imaging as necessary.
- Works with engineer and Production staff to ensure compliance with all FCC rules and regulations. Assists engineer with the technical operation of the stations. Identifies and communicates to the General Manager and Market Engineer programming hardware and software needs necessary for the operation of the cluster.
- Selects appropriate specialty programming. Ensure the completion of all affidavits regarding programming. Research and understand target demographic and station ratings. Assess market competition and develop marketing strategies, programming and contest to grow ratings.
- Assists in the creation of copy and production for clients. Ensures commercials are produced and dubbed. Schedules personnel, studios and recording sessions for commercial production.
- Work with Account Executives to ensure client expectations are met. Negotiates and purchases collateral and other promotional items. Develop strategic relationships with entertainment and event venues to benefit the station. Work with local charities to the mutual benefit of the community, the charity and the station.
- Ensures talent is schedules for all outside appearances, remote broadcast and special events.
- Supervises Program Directors in Cluster. Serves as liaison between Programming and other departments. Resolves interpersonal conflict between departments.
- Monitors and maintains production equipment. Works with market engineers to solve technical problems.
- Works with the traffic and sales department to anticipate and avoid operational problems.
- Maintains station websites, and regularly updates content, including digital banners.
- Manages social media accounts, and uses various platforms to engage followers, and promote station activities, contests, and events on a regular basis.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations. Understanding of station’s programming strategies. Computer literacy in applicable programs. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Problem-solving ability and skills in prioritizing. Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels. Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision. Problem solving ability and skill in prioritizing tasks. Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels. Ability to multitask and can handle pressures and deadlines.
EDUCATION AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma and a valid driver’s license.
Job may require lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Account Executive Position – Ukiah, Ca
Bicoastal Media in Lakeport & Ukiah, Ca. has an immediate opening for a dynamic and creative individual to join our marketing team.
A successful candidate must be able to perform the following:
- Sells advertising time/internet space (as applicable) and works with advertisers to help market themselves to the station’s listeners.
- Coordinates all aspects of client radio advertising campaign including copy, production, billing, collections, remote broadcasts and event marketing.
- Regularly meets with prospective and current clients to create and maintain sales relationships.
- Develops new business in selected markets and/or geographic locations.
- Supports program management in developing strategies, quantifying costs and benefits, developing business cases, identifying opportunities for quick wins, etc.
- Resolves past due issues with clients. Responsible for all past due accounts with their clients.
Bicoastal Media in Lakeport/Ukiah serves followers and businesses in Lake and Mendocino counties and surrounding areas with product solutions in on air, promotional, and digital categories.
Compensation base salary plus commission.
Send Resume to:
No Phone calls please
Bicoastal Media is an equal opportunity employer.