JOB TITLE: Sales Assistant Market: Lakeport/Ukiah
DEPARTMENT: Sales REPORTS TO: Market GM & DOS
FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Full-time
Responsible for assisting with sales of radio/internet advertising. Learning and building a client account base, by making outgoing sales calls and cold calls. Building and maintaining a sales account reaching sales goals set forth by the company. This job description may be modified at any time as deemed appropriate by management or as consistent with the essence of the job.
- Assisting sales team with day to day operational duties;
- Assisting sales manager/team in writing proposals and promotional campaigns;
- Calling and selling radio campaign over the phone and in person;
- Sell advertising time/internet space and work with advertisers to help market themselves to the station listeners;
- Coordinates all aspects of client radio advertising campaign including copy, production, billing, collections, remote broadcasting and event marketing;
- Regularly meets with prospective and current clients to create and maintain sales relationships;
- Attends weekly group sales meetings to review accounts and one-on-one meetings for more detailed review of accounts and goals
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly sales goals
- Maintain account lists while soliciting new business
- Communicate with other departments and employees to assure quality service in placing order,
- Develops new business in selected markets and/or geographic locations;
- Assists with collections and accounts receivable functions as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have reliable transportation;
Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations;
Knowledge of sales principles and practices;
Knowledge of products, customer, needs, competition and market trends;
Possess strong organizational skills;
Problem solving ability and skill in prioritizing tasks;
Excellent negotiating, verbal and written communication skills;
Ability to work independently without immediate direction or supervision;
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
Ability to prepare necessary documents including letters, orders, sales proposals, reports and forms following company policies and procedures with the established timelines;
Ability to collect and organize data and information;
Computer literacy in applicable programs i.e. Microsoft Office;
Knowledge of standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, scanners, etc.;
Knowledge of Facebook, Web site, Twitter and various other multimedia operations
Knowledge of record-keeping techniques and filing systems;
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with business clients, the general public and other personnel;
Must be tactful, have good interpersonal skills, and sound judgement;
Due to the nature of this position being a sales position, the employee will encounter difficult/unpleasant clients, must be able to emotionally deal with the stress caused by confrontational situations.
Able to meet schedules and time-lines and to deal with stress caused by workload and deadlines;
EDUCATION AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma.
A valid driver’s license
Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs;
Ability to bend and stoop;
Ability to climb and descend stairs;
Ability to interact with many types of personalities. This factor may contribute to a stressful environment;
Ability to drive to client businesses (10-25 visits to clients per day);
Prolonged sitting in car or office;
Ability to stand up and sit down repeatedly (getting in and out of vehicles)
Ability to meet with and discuss advertising options with clients;
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus;
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates as an outside sales position, which includes working in a professional office environment and driving on daily basis to businesses. This position requires the employee to work in a typical office setting, using a copier/fax/scanner, computer, telephone, cell phone as well as driving to potential clients, current clients and assorted businesses throughout the day. On occasions, this position required participation in after-hours events. This job requires regular travel (driving between locations).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. This position requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, getting in and out of a car, entering and exiting a variety of business all day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Job may require lifting or moving up to 20 lbs.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Typically hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Schedules will vary based.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
HR Manager Date
Cc: Personnel File
Account Executive Position – Ukiah, Ca
Bicoastal Media in Lakeport & Ukiah, Ca. has an immediate opening for a dynamic and creative individual to join our marketing team.
A successful candidate must be able to perform the following:
- Sells advertising time/internet space (as applicable) and works with advertisers to help market themselves to the station’s listeners.
- Coordinates all aspects of client radio advertising campaign including copy, production, billing, collections, remote broadcasts and event marketing.
- Regularly meets with prospective and current clients to create and maintain sales relationships.
- Develops new business in selected markets and/or geographic locations.
- Supports program management in developing strategies, quantifying costs and benefits, developing business cases, identifying opportunities for quick wins, etc.
- Resolves past due issues with clients. Responsible for all past due accounts with their clients.
Bicoastal Media in Lakeport/Ukiah serves followers and businesses in Lake and Mendocino counties and surrounding areas with product solutions in on air, promotional, and digital categories.
Compensation base salary plus commission.
Send Resume to:
No Phone calls please
Bicoastal Media is an equal opportunity employer.